Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chinatown, deep jungle deployment and the story of stuff

Weekends are usually hohum for me. It's either the usual outta town thing, or the date thing or party thing. repeat this over and over and you have routine, it no longer holds water as far as the fun factor for me is concerned. I kinda lost the magic feeling when going out of the house. But last weekend was just great for a change.

It' started out last Sunday....i know, kinda late, I went to one of my Teams night-ops and it was off the hook. We were deployed in the deep jungle to find a VIP and take him out, then blow-up a radio tower that some terrorists were using.

When that was done, got home and got some well deserved Zzz's. Woke up to a trip to Chinatown to go and sample some of dumplings that I've been hearing about. They were great too! Tasty dumplings is one of those small unassuming places that locals patronize.

Later my fiance and I went around Divisoria to look around, it was okay but just drained me, so we went back to another place where the locals frequent, I thikn the place is called Bai shiong somethin'.....the food was a welcome goodness that entered my tired body.

Then the next day my friend sent me a link that was also a simplified and dumd-friendly video and basically made me think about things.

Here is the link: http://www.storyofstuff.com/index.html

I guess you never know. Life can just say "hey, you haven't seen everything you know....here"

No comments: